Let’s talk turkey.
Dress up your Thanksgiving turkey in style with Sukhi’s savory, smoky Tandoori Marinade. Building off a North Indian-inspired blend of spices, lemongrass, garlic, and tangy herbs, this recipe cranks up the flavor of traditional poultry.
Toss in a generous serving of ghee (clarified butter) and quartered oranges to complete juicy, golden-brown perfection with an Indian twist.
So go ahead — fire up the oven on Thanksgiving or any time of year to impress friends and family far and wide with the spiced, smoky flavors you can only find with Tandoori.
4 Ingredient Tandoori Crusted Turkey
- 1 turkey
- 3 packets Sukhi's Tandoori Marinade 9 oz
- 4 ounces ghee or 1 stick of clarified butter
- 4 oranges
- In a small saucepan, melt ghee and mix with tandoori marinade. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Carefully slide your fingers between the skin and breast meat of the turkey. Spread the marinade mixture under the skin and around the outside of the turkey.
- Cut two oranges into quarters and place the sections inside the turkey cavity. Tie the legs together with twine and place the turkey breast-side up in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Baste the turkey with its juices, lower the temperature to 325 °F, and continue to baste every 20-30 minutes, for a total of 2 hours.
- Roast until the skin is browned and the marinade forms a golden crust on the outside of the turkey. Insert an instant thermometer in the thigh to ensure that the internal temperature registers at least 155° F.
- Tent with foil for 30 minutes. Garnish with remaining oranges, carve, and enjoy!