This time of year has us craving the bounty of the season’s first vegetables. And with Sukhi’s Home Chef Collection you can turn your spring favorites into a flavorful side or main dish. We love the South Indian-inspired Madras Spice Mix laced with heady and fragrant goodness, including mustard seed, turmeric, red pepper, and curry leaves that bring out the best in market-fresh produce.
- 1.5 pounds vegetables (cauliflower, asparagus, new potatoes, radishes, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil , preferably expeller pressed
- 1 packet Sukhi’s Madras Vegetable Complete Spice Mix
- sea salt and cracked black pepper , to taste
- garnishes: fresh chopped cilantro, lime
Trim and cut vegetables, making sure to keep them about the same size for even roasting. Toss vegetables with oil, Sukhi’s Madras Vegetables Complete Spice Mix, some salt and pepper. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick sheet and scatter vegetables evenly.
Roast at 400° F. for about 20 minutes; you still want a bit of crunch to the vegetables. Garnish with cilantro and lime.
For a complete meal, serve with steamed Basmati rice, Raita (plain yogurt stirred with grated cucumber), and flatbread.
TELL US HOW YOU SPICE UP YOUR SPRING BOUNTY…