Sukhi’s Holiday Dishes: Fresh Cranberry-Jalapeño Relish
Fresh cranberry relish brightens up almost any holiday dish–think roast turkey, duck, sandwiches, rice dishes and flatbreads–and we love to add a bit of heat with Sukhi’s Jalapeño Chutney.
Start off with fresh cranberries and some ginger and spices, then choose your favorite Sukhi’s chutney.
Sukhi's Fresh Cranberry-Jalapeño Relish
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 whole star anise (or cinnamon stick)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Sukhi's Jalapeño Chutney (or other favorite Sukhi's chutney)
Combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice, star anise or cinnamon stick and ginger together in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir to combine. Let cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until cranberries start to pop open. Reduce heat to medium, if needed. Stir in Sukhi's chutney. Let cool and taste; add more orange or ginger or chutney, as needed. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
No comments yet.