Whether it’s a seated formal dinner or a pot luck, the holidays are filled with invitations to share food and good times at the table. These next posts will show you how you can stir Sukhi’s into your favorite crowd pleasers for a twist on the traditional.
For roasted Brussels sprouts, we’ve heated a bit of oil with Sukhi’s Madras Vegetable Complete Spice Mix and tossed it with fresh sprouts and orange. Serve as a side dish or tossed into pasta for a main course.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Orange and Shallots
- 1 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 (.5-ounce) packet Sukhi's Madras Vegetable Complete Spice Mix
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts , trimmed and halved
- 1 orange , halved and sliced in half moons
- 1 shallot , chopped
- Fresh orange, cilantro, flaky sea salt such as Maldon, as garnishes
Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until just shimmering. Add Sukhi's spice packet mix and gently toast spices, about 1 minute.
Toss trimmed sprouts with heated spice mix. Add orange slices and spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until just tender and crispy around the edges.
Toss while hot with chopped shallot; serve warm, garnished, if desired, with a squeeze of fresh orange, cilantro, and sea salt.