St. Louis ribs never smelled so good.
Fall in love with Sukhi’s Tikka Masala Curry Sauce in this Slow-Smoked Tikka Masala Ribs recipe. Apple and mesquite charcoal chips infuse savory, chipotle flavor into the juicy, melt-in-your-mouth St. Louis style ribs – with a Tikka twist! This recipe takes some time and patience but trust us — you’ll be glad you waited.
Slow Smoked Tikka Masala Ribs
- 2-3 packages Sukhi's Tikka Masala Curry Sauce
- 2 racks St. Louis ribs 6-8 lbs. in total
- pepper freshly ground
- Preheat your smoker to 225° F.
- Add your favorite chips or pellets to smoker. We like a combination of apple and mesquite chips for a nice but not overbearing flavor.
- While your smoker warms up, use a paper towel grip to remove the silver skin (the thin membrane) from the back of the ribs.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the ribs.
- Rub thoroughly with Sukhi’s Tikka Masala Curry Sauce, ensuring that you cover both sides as well as the ends.
- Add ribs to smoker, meat side-up with lots of woodchips. Close the smoker door and allow to smoke for 2-3 hours without opening the doors. This is when the meat will really absorb that delicious, smoky flavor.
- After 2 hours, remove ribs, wrap in foil, and return to smoker for an additional 2 hours.
- After those two hours, remove foil, and allow ribs to smoke for an additional hour. This will allow the surface to crisp up, and ensures that the curry forms a deep, delicious bark on the surface.
- Let rest for a few minutes, slice up, and enjoy!
- These Slow-Smoked Tikka Masala Ribs go great with greens, yogurt sauce, or all by themselves!