Turmeric-Laced Cauliflower and Potatoes with Golden Jalapeño Yogurt
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 packet Sukhi’s Madras Vegetable Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup thick plain yogurt
- 1/2 jalapeño minced
- lime wedges, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°. Combine oil with turmeric, lemon juice, and Sukhi's Madras Vegetable Mix in a large bowl; stir to combine. Add potatoes and cauliflower and stir to combine. Spread vegetables on a large shallow rimmed baking sheet (I like to line mine with parchment so the turmeric doesn't stain the sheet). Roast for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice, until vegetables are tender but not too soft.
Combine yogurt and jalapeño with a pinch of ground turmeric and stir to combine. If too thick, add a bit of lime juice. Serve vegetables with Golden Jalapeño Yogurt.
Recipe and Photo by Kim Sunée