Seared chicken and veggies pairs with creamy Greek yogurt.
Savor Sukhi’s Tandoori Marinade in this smoky Grilled Double Yogurt Tandoori Chicken recipe. Seared tomatoes and lemon citrus complement cooling cilantro, creamy Greek yogurt, and juicy chicken legs, making this recipe a no-brainer for a fun family dinner or a summer BBQ get together.
Grilled Double Yogurt Tandoori Chicken
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 2 packets (6 oz.) Sukhi's Tandoori Marinade
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- 2 lemons, halved diced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes halved
- Cilantro finely chopped
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a sharp knife, make 4-5 deep parallel cuts along the top of the leg quarters.
- Place Sukhi’s Tandoori Marinade and 1 cup Greek yogurt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Remove a spoonful of marinade, place in separate small bowl with all of the cilantro yogurt sauce ingredients, whisk, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add chicken to bowl, making sure to evenly coat every piece with marinade, including inside all the chicken cuts.
- Place chicken in fridge for 6-24 hours.
- Remove chicken from fridge 30-60 minutes before grilling. Remove excess marinade and pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Sear chicken for 5 minutes per side, drop heat to low, and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes per side, or until chicken reached an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken to rest. Turn grill back up to high, and sear tomatoes and lemons until grill marks appear and tomatoes start to soften.
- Add chicken, grilled tomatoes, and grilled lemons to a platter. Dust generously with chopped cilantro and top with large dollops of yogurt sauce.
- Plate with your favorite grilled veggies or rice (we used grilled spring onions and zucchini).