50 Thanksgiving Recipes
Wondering what to make this holiday season? We’ve collected the best Thanksgiving recipes for you!
Throwing a Thanksgiving feast each year may seem like a daunting task. There are many things to consider, including which side dishes to serve, family traditions, table dressings, and which desserts to round off the meal.
We’ve done the hard work for you and collected some of the best Thanksgiving recipes that you can make for your friends and family! We’ve rounded up some ideas for appetizers, turkey and dressings, casseroles, sides, and desserts.
What is a traditional Thanksgiving dinner
Thanksgiving dinners may vary from household to household depending on family traditions, but for the most part, most dinners have similar components.
Traditionally, a Thanksgiving meal is built out around the main dish, which is a turkey. Some families might opt for chicken or ham as a substitute, but the turkey is one of the symbols of Thanksgiving. Alongside the turkey, the traditional trimmings that are served usually include mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes or yams, stuffing, rolls, and green bean casserole.
This looks different for every family, but the importance of the day is to share a meal with family and friends while being grateful for the life you live and the people in it.
It’s typical to start out Thanksgiving with some snacks to tie you over before the big meal! Of course, these are never heavy snacks because you’ll always want to save room for the main event. Here are some recipes for the best Thanksgiving appetizers.
- These Cranberry Brie Bites are the perfect precursor to your Thanksgiving feast! They’re like a tiny bite of festive flavors. Recipe by Delish.
- Another traditional and easy app is a veggie and dip tray! This Garden Veggie Dip recipe from Peas and Crayons can be throw together in a pinch.
- Charcuterie boards are always a crowd-pleaser. And it helps that they make your table look put together and pretty. Recipe by Mom on Time Out.
- A cheese ball makes the perfect table centerpiece – especially when you dress it up like a turkey! Recipe by Delish.
- This Festive Falafel with Cranberry Dip is vegan and sure to impress your dinner guests! Recipe by Vegan Heaven.
- Enjoy this Apple Pecan Baked Brie with some crackers for a decadent pre-dinner treat. Recipe by Taste of Home.
- Apple Bacon Cheese Crostinis make the perfect bites to eat while mingling at your holiday party! Recipe by Taste of Home.
- Cheesy Monkey Bread is sure to keep you coming back for more! Recipe by Good Housekeeping.
- Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms with sundried tomatoes bring some untraditional flavors to your Thanksgiving day. Recipe by High Vibe Lifestyle.
- These Chili and Rosemary Roasted Nuts are easy to eat in a room full of people! Recipe by The Real Food Dietitians.
It’s just not Thanksgiving without some sort of turkey! No matter how you prepare your bird, your guests will be thankful that you’ve put so much effort into their meal. Cooking a turkey doesn’t have to be scary. In fact, it can be rather fun. Here are some turkey recipes to get you started.
- Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Turkey is sure to please your dinner guests! Recipe by Cafe Delites.
- Cut your cooking time in half by following this Instant Pot Turkey recipe by Soulfully Made.
- Put those leftovers to good use and make this Leftover Thanksgiving Panini from the Food Network.
- Say goodbye to tradition with these delightful little Turkey Bites. Perfect for adults and kids alike! Recipe by Deanna’s Daughter.
- Roasted Turkey with Chocolate Sauce might sound a bit out there, but trust us when we say don’t knock it til you’ve tried it. Recipe by Levana’s Whole Foods Kitchen.
- This Easy Homemade Turkey Soup recipe is another fun way to enjoy your turkey for Thanksgiving. Recipe by The Endless Meal.
- If you’re vegan, this one’s for you! Vegan Tofurkey with Mushroom Stuffing and Gravy will conquer all of your Thanksgiving cravings. Recipe by Epicurious.
- This Deep Fried Turkey recipe is super flavorful and fun to make. Recipe by Oh So Delicioso.
- This Thanksgiving Roasted Turkey has directions to cook it stuffed or unstuffed, depending on your preference. Recipe by The Spruce Eats.
- If traditional turkey isn’t really your thing, this Bacon Wrapped Turkey is right up your alley! Recipe by Something New for Dinner.
Casseroles are a staple side dish during Thanksgiving meals. They often consist of vegetables with some sort of flavorful twist. Here are some ideas of casseroles to bring to your Thanksgiving dinner.
- This Sweet Potato Casserole by Dessert For Two is baked with marshmallows on top to give the dish a sweeter taste.
- A Healthy Green Bean Casserole by Gimme Some Oven will pair great with your Turkey and has Panko breadcrumbs on top for an extra crunch.
- Make this Corn Casserole by Spend with Pennies and you’ll have tons of friends by the end of the night asking for the recipe.
- It’s safe to say that most everyone loves a Cheesy Potato Casserole, and this one by Culinary Hill will not disappoint.
- Use up some seasonal squash in this amazing Butternut Squash Casserole recipe by Oh She Glows.
- This Broccoli Rice Casserole by Wine and Glue only takes 5 minutes to prepare! So easy.
- For all of you mushroom lovers out there, this Mushroom Casserole by 101 Cookbooks has brown rice, onions, and is nice and creamy.
- Speaking of creamy, this Creamy Pumpkin Casserole is Whole30 and Paleo! Recipe by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen.
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is a great way to sneak some veggies into your picky kid’s diet. Recipe by Recipe Runner.
- Add a Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Casserole to your menu and really impress all of the vegans in your life. Recipe by Fit Foodie Finds.
When preparing your Thanksgiving sides, there are so many options out there, it can be hard to choose! Here are some options to serve alongside your turkey.
- These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Raisins and Pistachios by Floating Kitchen are vegan and gluten-free!
- This recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes only has 5 ingredients and cooks in a crockpot! Recipe by Sweet Phi.
- If you’re looking to add more grains to your meal, this Whole Grain Classic Homemade Stuffing is perfect! Recipe by A Couple Cooks.
- Mashed potatoes are a staple for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Make yours easily with this recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes by Skinnytaste!
- This spin on Mac and Cheese is so fun and tasty! Baked Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese by Blue Bowl Recipes.
- Caramelize some onions for this Cheesy Caramelized Onion Acorn Squash dish and you won’t be disappointed! Recipe by The Almond Eater.
- Throw some greens on your table with this Arugula, Dried Cherry, and Wild Rice Salad by Cookie and Kate.
- It’s not Thanksgiving without gravy! Try this Easy 5 Minute Gravy by Crazy for Crust.
- You know what’s better than baked potatoes? These Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes by Foodie Crush.
- This Zesty Cranberry Sauce by What’s Gaby Cooking is super easy to make and will dress up any turkey!
If you have room after your Thanksgiving dinner, you’re going to want to round out the meal with some sweet treats! From cakes to pies, we’ve gathered some of the best dessert recipes for you to make this holiday season.
- Kick-off the holiday season right by making this Spiced Almond Pear Cake by A Beautiful Plate! It’s made with almond flour and isn’t a complicated recipe by any means.
- This Pecan Pie Cobbler has caramel and brown sugar toasted pecans. Recipe by Well Plated.
- A twist on pumpkin pie, this Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust by Emilie Eats is creamy and pairs great with coffee after dinner!
- You can throw together this Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze in 20 minutes and prep your other foods while it’s in the oven! Recipe by Butternut Bakery.
- Serve up something unconventional like these Cranberry Poppyseed Oatmeal Cookies by Heartbeet Kitchen.
- This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting is brimming with fall spices and is so delicious that nobody will guess that it’s gluten-free. Recipe by Snixy Kitchen.
- If you’re looking for something on the lighter side, try this Healthy Seedy Pumpkin Bark by Brewing Happiness.
- Another take on the pumpkin pie, try these Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting. Recipe by The Faux Martha.
- If you like to spike your desserts with spirits, then this Vegan Bourbon Pecan Pie was made especially for you! Recipe by Vanilla and Bean.
- And if you’re really not into all of those “fall flavors”, try making this Chocolate Mousse Pie with Peanut Butter Whip by Oh Ladycakes.
No matter how you celebrate Thanksgiving, we hope you spend it with people you care about and while sharing food with one another. Don’t forget to let us know which recipes were your favorite!
Hello and thank you for these fabulous Thanksgiving recipes. You have made our Thanksgiving just that much better. Yours, Katherine Pascal
Excited to know that you enjoyed the recipe ideas as much as we did. Hope some of the recipes make it to your Thanksgiving table 🙂
Thrilled that you enjoyed the article as much as we enjoyed putting it together! 🙂